Anchorman Insurance Consultants is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Anchorman Insurance Consultants may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from: April 2017
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material that is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
This website and its content is copyright of Anchorman Insurance Consultants. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
What we might collect
We may collect the following information:
- full name
- job title, company name, work telephone number and business email address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To reply to any enquiries
- To send email newsletters (see below)
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
Our contact forms are protected using an SSL security certificate. Form submissions are sent, via email, to employees within our company. We also retain an encrypted copy of your data online so we can be sure that no emails go amiss. These stored records are reviewed, and cleared-down, on a regular basis.
In the interests of keeping unwanted email to an absolute minimum, all of our email-based mailing services are double opt-in. This means that you will have to: (i) submit your details via the form provided and then (ii) check your email for a confirmation message. Only when you have clicked on the activation link, inside the confirmation email, will your newsletter subscription begin. You may, of course, leave our mailing lists at any time.
We never sell mailing list data. Period.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All data submitted via this site is sent via an SSL security certificate (see your browser address bar for the padlock symbol).
What is a cookie?
When someone visits our website we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things like the number of visitors to the various parts of our website. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone.
The tool we use to analyse visitor patterns uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer to collect information. You can decide if you want to accept or reject cookies by changing the settings on your browser.
We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our web site, we will make it clear when we collect it and will explain what we intend to do with it.
These are all the cookies set on our website. Not all cookies are set by default, it depends how you interact with our site.
|PHPSESSID||Strictly necessary||Until you close your browser||To maintain information about each visit to the website and enable core site functionality. This cookie does not contain any personal information and only lasts for the duration of your visit.|
|cookie_notice_accepted||Functionality||30 days||Saves a “true” to let us know that you’ve seen and accepted our cookie message.|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Strictly necessary||Until you close your browser||A test performed to see if cookies are enabled on your browser.|
|wordpress_*||Functionality||12 months||Used to maintain any user’s identity if they log into the site.|
|wordpress_logged_in_*||Functionality||12 months||Used to maintain any user’s identity if they log into the site.|
|comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url||Functionality||2 weeks||Cookies beginning with “comment_author_…” are only stored if you make a comment on the site. They store your name, email and website so you don’t need to re-input each time you make a comment on the site.|
|_ga||Analytical||2 years||We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements. We have opted to anonymise any IP information and not to share our analytics data with anyone.Google Analytics stores information about:
|_gat||Analytical||10 minutes||Google Analytics cookie – see above.|
|_gid||Analytical||24 hours||Google Analytics cookie – see above.|
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.