New to PII?
We have helped new start up professional businesses arrange their insurances since 1998. We will fact find and get to understand your business so we can make a fair presentation of your risk to Insurers before tailoring a policy specific to your needs. If you’re new to PII, the following is an idea of the things that Insurers typically want to know when underwriting a Professional Indemnity risk:
The Type of Business And Your Experience
- The legal entity of your business: A sole trader or forming a limited company or partnership.
- The names of the principal, directors and partners working in the practice.
- How much experience the principal, directors and partners have in your profession and any relevant qualifications that apply.
An Estimate For Your First Year Of Trading
- An estimate of your work for the first 12 months of your business.
- A realistic estimate of your fee turnover you expect to invoice.
- The areas of work you will specialise in and focus on.
The Largest Contract / Project Sizes You Expect To Become Involved With
- An estimate of your largest overall contract / project value or valuation amounts that you expect to become involved with in your first year of trading.
- Your specific role in contracts e.g. acting as a Principle Designer, Project Manager, Fire Risk Assessor, Quantity Surveyor, Valuation Surveyor, Health & Safety Advisor etc.
- Details of non-UK work and the type of contract, the law and legal jurisdiction applicable.
We Will Give You:
- Independent insurance advice.
- Access to a wide range of leading Insurers and Underwriters.
- Interest Free payment options available to help your cash flow.
- Information guides to help and support your business along the way.
- A responsive first class claims service when you need it most.
- Expert insurance advice.