Cyber Risk Insurance
Almost every company relies heavily on technology to run their business – from emails, the use of applications and programs to storing client information. A lost laptop or virus affecting several computers could have serious and far-reaching implications for any business.
Although it tends to be the high profile cyber events that make headlines, thousands of smaller incidents affecting small businesses are happening on a daily basis. Research by the Office of National Statistics (ONS) looking at cybercrime statistics in 2018 found that in the year ending in March 2018, an estimated 4.5 million cybercrimes were committed in England and Wales, including personal and business-related incidents.
Who is Under Threat From Cyber Risks?
The short answer is everyone.
In this new technology reliant age, any business which uses electronic equipment and computers is at risk. Although the type of incident may vary, with vastly different intentions or consequences, anyone with a reliance on computers or a body of data has a dangerous vulnerability to cyber risks.
How Can Cyber Risks Affect Businesses?
- Virus or hacking attacks which stop customer transactions.
- Corruption or damage of data.
- Theft of intellectual property.
- Loss of customer, supplier or critical process data.
- Consequent liability to a third party, including associated litigation, fines, costs, awards and damages.
- Subsequent damage to reputation as a result of the attack.
Cyber Risk Insurance with Anchorman
At Anchorman Insurance, we can obtain cover quickly and easily for your business.
- We have access to clear and wide-ranging policies from leading insurers which cover all the key eventualities, from malicious attacks to innocent data breaches, extortion to denial of service.
- Different limits of indemnity are available which are appropriate for your business with optional sections of cover so the policy can be tailored for your specific requirements.
- Support from IT experts to get to the heart of any problems, as well as legal and public relations help. You can be confident that you are getting the very best help when you need it most.
- An end-to-end approach diagnosing the issue, fixing it and getting your business back on track.
- A cost-effective way to responsibly manage cyber risks and ensure that the threats posed to your business are minimised.